Monday, October 29, 2007

Crazytown and Traffic

So, yes...whew, I'm caught up on my posts for now. I'm currently in, as one of my co-workers coined it, Crazytown aka Boston. What timing to be here after their win in the World Series! One of my friends was here in Boston this past weekend and left this morning. She stayed downtown and said it was crazy outside where she was at with about 30 police officers standing nearby for crowd control after the win.

As for me, I'm staying a bit north of Boston and well, I have my own entertainment...there is a flutist that was practicing earlier tonight across the hall and not too long ago some man was belting an opera song in the hallway...yes, I am serious.

And in regards to the infamous Boston traffic, I have arrived at a tentative opinion that Boston drivers are no more crazy than drivers at home it just seems worse because there are 10 times more people out here on the road. How am I surviving you ask? I found the local classical station and turn it up to soothe my nerves, grip the steering wheel, and travail the entire time I'm driving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

heee,heee . . I have to digress about the traffic just a bit. I was riding with two different people ~Tim, and also a lady from the Danverse church, and seriously, they were so completely aggressive...really, it did seem to be a lot worse. I about flipped out a couple times just because riding was a pretty stressful experience . .lol. Did you get pictures of Boston, at all? ~Rachel

Anonymous said...

Come on, be honest - Can it really be any worse than this side of the world's traffic? - Cyn

Globetrottin' Girl said...

I know, I know Rach...I'm a lazy bum. I'll get the pics up sometime soon I promise!

Hey Cyn! Long time no hear...glad to know you are still alive!!! :) Actually, I did have a flashback of Amman when I was in Boston...when I was heading into a rotary!!! And no...the traffic is not worse than across the pond. You ain't got nothing on them, girl!

Anonymous said...

And I quote: "I hope this blog fulfills two purposes: 1. Easily share my photos" . . .just a reminder that I don't see those Boston pics up! ;)heee,heee...just giving you a hard time!

Rachel